About the Program
Emerge is WSP's strategic alliance program that seeks early-stage companies with novel solutions as strategic partners. We invest time and resources into partners without taking any equity. As partners, you get access to in-house subject matter experts, an opportunity to pilot your products/technologies with WSP during the evaluation phase and have access to our client base.
Emerge propels our partners by accelerating the product/technology adoption. The world is changing fast, this program helps you grow faster.
Announcing Cohort #3
Emerge is looking for exciting applicants in the Earth & Environment industry.
Data collection, management, & reporting solutions (ESG, Stormwater, Environmental, Geotechnical, Air Emissions, remote sensing, and Others)
ESG management for corporations
Coastal Resilience and modeling
Technologies and innovations for:
- Safety and risk reduction, in industries such as mining, oil & gas etc.
- Groundwater, surface water, wastewater, soil, or waste treatment (e.g. PFAS/PFOA)
- Mining, Oil and Gas industry industry, including metallurgy testing and analysis
- Renewable energy generation and storage (e.g. offshore wind)
- Sustainable waste management
- Energy transition
Shortlist & Notification
Weekly meetings with WSP Subject Matter Experts & Business Line Champions
WSP Target Market & Client focus identification
Onwards subject to successful completion of the pilot phase. Typically, a 2-year alliance term.
Why this program?
No equity required
We do not ask our partners to give up any ownership.
A dedicated WSP mentor connects you to the global network of 50,000+ subject-matter experts.
This program is your ticket to pilot your offering with our team. The subject matter experts will provide strategic and tactical feedback for improvement as part of the pilot.
We help you build your client pipeline. The program will align your offering with our client needs for deployment. You get access to our domestic and global client base.
Each intake focuses on specific industry. The focus areas are curated based on our client needs and future trends. This accelerates our ability to deployment of your offering.
- What are the prerequisites to apply for the WSP Emerge strategic partner?
To be eligible you MUST have:
- A minimum viable product and at least one pilot complete.
- Funding or cash flow to operate (all stages and forms of funding are acceptable)
- A solid core team or the ability to attract one.
- An interest in and willingness to pilot and refine your tools, technologies, or services.
- Alignment with cohort focus areas identified for WSP’s Water National Business Line.
- Is this an accelerator or incubator program?
Emerge is an accelerator in that your organization receives the opportunity to pilot your offering through design thinking processes with our subject matter experts and to gain access and direct exposure to our client network. WSP does not provide any funding.
- What level of funding or organizational maturity will I need to have a successful application?
At the very least you need to have a workable minimum viable product, one complete pilot, and sufficient funding in place to support your critical product team. We will review applications from companies at all stages, from pre-seed to early stage (series A) to late stage (series B and beyond), grant funded or self-sustaining revenues.
- Will WSP agree to signing an NDA?
Yes. Here is a link to the standard NDA. The NDA may be modified to meet partner specific needs following mutual agreement.
- Will WSP be a reseller of our tools, services or technology?
WSP will in some cases serve as a reseller of certain tools, services or technology, though your organizations licensing agreements will in most cases be directly with the ultimate client. During the life of the strategic alliance term, WSP will have the right to oversee your engagement with clients derived from WSP introductions.
- Will WSP request any equity in exchange for our participation in the Strategic Alliance?
- Do we have to be in a particular state or geographic area to apply and participate?
The program is agnostic to location of the company or its team. The company must have US presence or an interest in expanding in the US.
- Will WSP pay for travel or other expenses applicant/partner expenses for participation?
WSP will not pay for any travel or participation expenses. The applicant/partner is responsible for all their team and other expenses.
- What is the cost to us?
There is no fee for participation in the program. During the pilot phase, the partner must commit to product team’s active engagement and commitment to product refinement based on feedback, and leadership/business development team’s engagement to identify client and market focus.
- How long is the program?
The duration of the program will be established based on mutual agreement. Typically, the partnership is planned for a two-year term. This is subject to a successful 3–4-month pilot phase.
- Will WSP assist with marketing our participation in the partnership program?
WSP may create marketing collateral that includes the partners or market the partnership.